Recipe by ellie_
This recipe was edited to correct the salt amount Recipe source: Sunset (January 2006)
Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
I too think this is fabulous! What a different taste for pork. I never thought to put lemon with pork before! I did add more garlic (LOVE GARLIC) personal preference. Served this with greek potatoes and asparagas with lemon sauce over top. YUM Ellie this is a definite keeper!
- 3 lbs pork shoulder, boned and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 sage leaves
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse pork and pat dry.
- In a small bowl or cup mix together flour salt and pepper and then sprinkle mixture over pork.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat brown pork in oil, turning to brown well. (15 minutes). Transfer pork and juices to crock pot.
- Add garlic and sage to skillet and cook, stirring over medium low heat until garlic turns color (1 minute) and then add mixture and the milk and lemon peel to crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 7-8 hours (or when pork is tender and sauce is golden brown and reduced by half). During the last three hours uncover the crock pot so the sauce/gravy thicken.
- Transfer pork to board and slice. Serve with sauce .