Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
A great recipe that its a common Sunday Lunch during winter in the Northern Greece. It has a great sweetness from the leeks and the plums.
- 1000 g pork chops
- 5 leeks, the whites chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 6 dried plums
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 cup water or 1 cup broth
- Brown the pork chops with the olive oil in a pot. Remove from the pot and add the onion. Cook until its soft and the leeks. Cook for 4 minutes more mixing.
- Add the chili, the salt and the paprika. Add 1 cup of water and let it simmer for 50 minutes in low heat.
- Add the oregano and the plums. Simmer for 15 minutes more, until the pork is done.
- Serve with a plain rice or fried potatoes!
VERY, VERY TASTY CHOPS! I did cut the recipe in half for 2 of us but otherwise followed it right no down for a great dish served with brown rice! Thanks for a nice alternative pork recipe keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a PRESSIE in the Aus/NZ 12 Days of Christmas Recipe Swap]