Recipe by I'mPat
Was in today's local paper and D asked me to save here for making this weekend - recipe by Vince Garreffa.
Top Review by Nif
I used 2 pork tenderloins for this recipe and left them whole. I skipped the green chili peppers but made the rest as listed. We enjoyed this with some shrimp, sauteed veggies and basmati rice. Yum!! The blend of flavours in this are so good - I particularly liked the lemongrass. Made for Zaar Stars tag game. Thanks I'mPat! :)
- 1 kg pork (neck steaks 1cm thick cut into 3cmx3cm pieces)
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 80 g white onions (sliced thin half-moon)
- 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 3 cm piece ginger (cleaned and grated)
- 29.58 ml green chili peppers (finely chopped)
- 29.58 ml fresh lemongrass (finely chopped tender white part only)
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 500 ml chicken stock (or beef 2 cups)
- basil (Vietnamese leaves torn or chopped for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinade the pork in soy sauce and set aside.
- Heat a non-stick frypan and add 50ml of extra virgin olive oil, onion, garlic, ginger, chilli, lemongrass and cinnamon, stirring and cooking until the onion is soft, then set aside.
- Add 50ml extra virgin olive oil to the hot pan and add the marinated pork in batches and stir-fry on high heat until well sealed and coloured and then set aside each batch until all pork is done.
- In the same unwashed frypan add the stock, followed by the onion mix, stir well and then add the cooked pork and then cover and simmer gently stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes.
- DON'T allow to dry out - add a little water if you have to.
- Just before serving, add Vietnamese basil leaves for a fresh tang.