1/4 Photos of Pork With Ginger, Garlic and Chilli
1 hr 15 mins
Was in today's local paper and D asked me to save here for making this weekend - recipe by Vince Garreffa.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg pork (neck steaks 1cm thick cut into 3cmx3cm pieces)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 80 g white onions (sliced thin half-moon)
- 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 3 cm piece ginger (cleaned and grated)
- 2 tablespoons green chili peppers (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemongrass (finely chopped tender white part only)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 500 ml chicken stock (or beef 2 cups)
- basil (Vietnamese leaves torn or chopped for garnish)
- 1Marinade the pork in soy sauce and set aside.
- 2Heat a non-stick frypan and add 50ml of extra virgin olive oil, onion, garlic, ginger, chilli, lemongrass and cinnamon, stirring and cooking until the onion is soft, then set aside.
- 3Add 50ml extra virgin olive oil to the hot pan and add the marinated pork in batches and stir-fry on high heat until well sealed and coloured and then set aside each batch until all pork is done.
- 4In the same unwashed frypan add the stock, followed by the onion mix, stir well and then add the cooked pork and then cover and simmer gently stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes.
- 5DON'T allow to dry out - add a little water if you have to.
- 6Just before serving, add Vietnamese basil leaves for a fresh tang.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork With Ginger, Garlic and Chilli
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 761.7
- Calories from Fat 415
- Total Fat 46.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 213.8 mg
- Sodium 823.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 73.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: