Recipe by ValkyrieQueen
Another tasty treat from Jean Nidetch. The original recipe was written for 10 ounces of pork so you will have to do the math, sorry.
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry madeira wine
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger, minced pared
- 2 pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 dash salt, white pepper, garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine apricot preserves, wine, mustard, honey, and ginger in a small sauce pan.
- Cook 3-4 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture is smooth and thick.
- Remove from heat; cover and keep warm.
- Season pork with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Arrange on rack in broiling pan; broil for 6 minutes.
- Turn chops over, and using a pastry brush, brush each with 1 teaspoon apricot mixture.
- Broil until chops are thoroughly cooked, about 6 minutes.
- Transer chops to serving plate and serve with remaining apricot mixture.