1/2 Photos of Pork With A Blue Cheese Apple and Mustard Sauce
Keep some extra mustard and applesauce ready, depending on the saltiness of the cheese you use you might want to add some more. I buy the ready-made applesauce. If I do use fresh sage I like to use the pineapple sage that I grow in my garden. This is a simple but elegant dish and easy to double for dinner parties. It is from the Good Food magazine, I just changed it a bit to make it easier to put together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 lbs pork fillets, approx divided in 4 pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons dried sage or 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled,i like blue stilton
- 3/4 cup cream
- 2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard, maybe some extra
- 2 tablespoons applesauce, smooth or chunky,maybe some extra
- 1Trim the pork fillets from any fat, season with salt and pepper.
- 2Melt the butter and oil in a frying pan, add the pork, brown on all sides, add the sage, turn down the heat and cook until almost done.
- 3Time will depend on the thickness of the fillets.
- 4While the pork is cooking mix together, the cream, cheese, mustard and applesauce.
- 5When the pork is almost cooked, remove from the pan to a plate and keep warm.
- 6Put all sauce ingredients in the frying pan, stir until the cheese has melted and you have a sauce with a nice consistency.
- 7Now do a taste check, maybe you want to add more applesauce and/or mustard.
- 8Serve the pork sliced with the sauce spooned over it.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork With A Blue Cheese Apple and Mustard Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.3
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 203.6 mg
- Sodium 534.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 48.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard