1 hr 35 mins
deb k's Note:
Beef Wellington is my absolute favorite dish, but when I went home for a visit, a dear friend made this for us (and he is the one who got me addicted to Beef Wellington) It is out of this world and great for company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim off all silverskin (reserve tail for another use if you have it). Butterfly making a 1" deep incision down the length of each and stuff each one with half of the cheese.
- 2Roll prosciutto around each tenderloin.
- 3Sear in oil in a large skillet over med-high heat until prosciutto is brown and crisp on all sides (5-8 minutes).
- 4Chill thoroughly.
- 5Wrap each tenderloin in puff pastry and transfer to a parchment-line baking sheet.
- 6Brush Wellingtons with egg wash and decorate with pastry cutouts if desired.
- 7Cover with plastic and chill 1 hr (up to 24 hrs).
- 8Bake at 400°F in lower third of oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown. (You can brush with more egg wash again before you put them in the oven)
- 9Let rest 5 minutes before slicing. (Throw away the ends when slicing, it's mostly dough).
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Wellington
Serving Size: 1 (151 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 826.5
- Calories from Fat 489
- Total Fat 54.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 101.7 mg
- Sodium 368.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 28.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: