Recipe by Angela2
This is one of favorite Indian recipes. It's relatively easy and full of flavor. I like to serve with basmati rice and lentils. This is also good as vegetarian by using cubed veggies instead of meat ie. eggplant, carrots, potatoes or whatever you like.
Top Review by Matt Campbell
I made this with 2 lbs chicken thighs instead of pork, and this is very probably the best vindaloo I've ever had! Made it for an office party, and it went over terrifically, even with people who aren't Indian-cuisine buffs like myself. Guaranteed to stay in my cookbook for good.
- 2 lbs pork, chicken,or beef
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 6 -8 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 -2 serrano pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine vinegar, wine, garam masala, ginger, red pepper, and salt in a blender.
- Move to a container.
- Cut up meat into cubes and add to the mixture.
- Let marinate in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Add olive oil to a large saute pan.
- Chop onions and add to pan.
- Saute until golden.
- Add almonds and saute for a min.
- Add cubed meat.
- Break peppers in half and add them as well.
- Add cinnamon and sugar.
- Let cook covered for 45 minutes on simmer.
- Remove cover, add the light cream, and cook uncovered for 15 more minutes.