Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 10 mins
This is one of favorite Indian recipes. It's relatively easy and full of flavor. I like to serve with basmati rice and lentils. This is also good as vegetarian by using cubed veggies instead of meat ie. eggplant, carrots, potatoes or whatever you like.
- 2 lbs pork, chicken,or beef
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 6 -8 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger or 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 -2 serrano pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine vinegar, wine, garam masala, ginger, red pepper, and salt in a blender.
- Move to a container.
- Cut up meat into cubes and add to the mixture.
- Let marinate in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Add olive oil to a large saute pan.
- Chop onions and add to pan.
- Saute until golden.
- Add almonds and saute for a min.
- Add cubed meat.
- Break peppers in half and add them as well.
- Add cinnamon and sugar.
- Let cook covered for 45 minutes on simmer.
- Remove cover, add the light cream, and cook uncovered for 15 more minutes.