Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe I tore out of a magazine in 1987, lost track of, and never made till last night. Was an ad for the Pork Council's "Pork - The other white meat" ad campaign. I did just a couple things differently. I don't like "rubber" mushrooms so I used 8oz.fresh mushrooms sauteed in a little butter. Also seasoned the pork with salt and pepper and added some crushed rosemary to the butter for browning the pork. And I used fresh fettucini. We all loved it,and I served broccoli spears on the side.
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 8 medallions
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup cream
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese (or more to taste)
- 1 (5 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- white pepper
- 8 ounces fettuccine or 8 ounces spaghetti or 8 ounces linguine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour.
- Stir in milk, chicken broth and wine.
- Cook stirring until sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Stir in Parmesan, mushroons,salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside.
- Cook pasta to al dente- drain.
- Press tenderloin medallions to 1 inch thickness.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter to skillet, cook medallions 3-4 minutes per side.
- Toss noodles with 1/2 cup sauce, place on serving platter.
- Top noodles with browned medallions, pour on remaining sauce and sprinkle with parsley.
This is wonderful. I was actually looking for a chicken tetrazzini recipe when I found this - so glad I did! I used half white wine and half dry sherry but otherwise followed the recipe to a T. A keeper for us!
This is really good!! I sauteed fresh mushrooms in butter too and added it to the sauce...butter and mushrooms. Instead of milk or cream I used Half-and Half. I also added about 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg to the sauce, giving it a little extra flavor. It was very easy to make. The sauce came out nice and smooth. Thanks MEP for a great recipe.
Mep, this was amazing...we had this for dinner tonight, and WOW..this was so tasty...I added a little more Parm cheese than called for, and of coarse, I added garlic...(lots of it!), I used fresh frozen mushrooms that I fry up, and store in my freezer for recipes that call for them, we had this with spaghetti and a side salad and a crusty roll. This was easy to put together with delicious results. Thanks Mep, DH and myself loved this, and I will be making this again.... another winner Mep, keep up the good work...KC :-)