Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A twist on a well-known pasta dish...
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth or 3⁄4 cup bouillon
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced pork roast (cut into 1 by 2 inch pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (diced)
- 1 small red bell pepper (diced)
- 1 small yellow bell pepper (diced)
- 3⁄4 cup shiitake mushroom (diced)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- freshly snipped parsley
- Begin with the sauce by heating butter in a large sauce pan on medium heat.
- Thoroughly stir in flour forming a paste, and then add milk, broth, pepper, and Parmesan.
- Stirring continuously, bring to low boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer on low for 15 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Begin preparing spaghetti according to instructions in a separate pot.
- Meanwhile, lightly sauté pork and onion in olive oil in a medium skillet on medium heat.
- When browned, add red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, mushrooms, soy sauce and pepper.
- Continue to cook until pork is thoroughly cooked.
- Strain spaghetti, add to sauce, tossing well Plate on individual serving dishes.
- Top with pork mixture.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons leftover sauce and sprinkle with parsley.
- ***A good accompaniment to the dish is warm herb bread.