Recipe by hlamar
An amazing combination of flavors that mixes perfectly with pork tenderloin! I came up with this one by combining a variety of recipes and multiple "trial & error" cooking sessions.
Top Review by Outta Here
I found what I assume is a typo in this recipe, but decided to go ahead and make it. I used 1 1/2 tbls. ginger, instead if 1 1/2 CUPS! It turned out very good. I also substituted apple juice for the orange juice, since i forgot to buy OJ. But I like apple and pork together anyway.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped vidalia onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shiitake mushroom
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh finely chopped ginger
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- fresh ground pepper
- kosher salt
- 2 dashes garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- cook pork tenderloin as indicated on package make chutney near the end of tenderloin cooking b/c you will need tenderloin drippings.
- sauté onions & mushrooms in the butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat for approximately 5-8 minutes or until onions turn clear.
- add vinegar & ginger to sauce pan & turn heat up to medium high – reduce to half.
- add garlic, salt, pepper, orange juice, water & pork drippings – reduce to half again.
- slice pork tenderloin into medallions & cover with chutney sauce.