Prep 4 hrs
Cook 25 mins
- 3 cups tangerine juice
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded,minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into pieces
- Combine tangerine juice, carrot, cilantro, grated fresh ginger, garlic, minced jalapeño, ground cumin and Thai red curry paste in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Boil mixture until carrot is very tender and liquid is reduced by half, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes.
- Puree sauce in blender or processor in batches until smooth.
- Strain sauce and return to same saucepan.
- Stir molasses, soy sauce, curry paste and ginger in large glass baking dish.
- Add pork tenderloin and turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove pork from marinade; discard marinade.
- Heat oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer skillet to oven and cook pork until thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 160°F, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer pork to platter.
- Tent with foil to keep warm.
- Bring sauce to simmer.
- Remove from heat.
- Gradually add 6 tablespoons butter, whisking just until melted.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut pork into 1-inch-thick slices.
- Serve with sauce.
I made this exactly to the recipe. It was superb. Geoffchef
I used your Apple Brine #23687 for the pork tenderloin for 48 hours and then made this Thai sauce to go with it. Served 5 pounds of thinly sliced tenderloin on the buffet and my guests loved it! I did add a can of coconut milk and some honey to the sauce, but skipped the butter. Very good and will make again. Thank you!