1/2 Photos of Pork Tenderloin With Strawberry Loquat Sauce
This tasty recipe was given to me by Impera_Magna in response to a request for recipes containing loquats. I used presliced boneless pork loin chops instead of a whole tenderloin and substituted Splenda for the sugar. The results were fantastic! The Madeira gives the fruit sauce an amazing flavor. For those who have never had loquats, they are a small subtropical fruit that taste similar to a plum.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the pork tenderloin in half so that in fits into a medium sized skillet.
- 2Season pork with salt & pepper to taste.
- 3Heat the olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon of butter in skillet over medium heat.
- 4Add tenderloin, brown on all sides for about 2 minutes, cover skillet and reduce to low heat.
- 5Cook tenderloin until it registers 150°F on a meat thermometer.
- 6Remove tenderloin from skillet and cover to keep warm.
- 7Drain excess fat from skillet.
- 8Add loquats, strawberries and sugar to skillet and sauté just until fruits are soft, about 30 seconds.
- 9Stir in Madeira wine with wooden spoon, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- 10Add meat juices from the tenderloin to the skillet and simmer for 1 minute.
- 11Add remaining butter to skillet and stir until melted, then remove from heat.
- 12Slice tenderloin into 1/4 inch thick slices, place on warmed serving platter and spoon fruit sauce over meat.
- 13Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Tenderloin With Strawberry Loquat Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.0
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 78.6 mg
- Sodium 56.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 23.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: