Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
The cheese and the port complement the pork well
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pork tenderloin, about 1 lb (450 g)
- 2 cups port wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces Stilton cheese
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over high heat and brown the.
- tenderloins on all sides. Transfer to a covered roasting pan.
- Deglaze the skillet with the port and reduce by half. Add the chicken.
- stock and bring to a boil. Pour the mixture over the tenderloins and.
- roast covered in a preheated 450F (230C) oven until done, about 15.
- minutes. Remove the pork and keep warm. Add the cream to the liquid.
- in the roasting pan and reduce by half over a moderate flame. Add the.
- Stilton, reserving some for garnish, and stir to blend. Spoon the.
- sauce over the pork and garnish with the reserved Stilton.
Very good flavors. I'd make this again with just a few adjustments. Next time I might half the sauce since that's a lot of port to use up and I cooked two pork tenderloins that equaled three pounds. I'd also reduce the sauce a bit more than I did. All in all, really nice flavor.