Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Cooking Light.
- 1 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400.
- To prepare pork, rub with oil and garlic; sprinkle with 1/2 t salt and 1/4 t pepper. Place pork on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400 for 30 minute.
- or til meat thermometer reads 160. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- To prepare sauce, heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shallots and cook 1 1/2 min or til tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in cider, broth, applesauce, 1/2 t salt, five spice powder, and 1/4 t pepper; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1 c (about 10 min); stir in 3 T fresh lemon juice. Serve sauce with pork.
This is one of my favorite Cooking Light recipes. The pork is so flavorful and moist.