Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Cooking Light.
- 2⁄3 cup port wine or 2⁄3 cup other sweet red wine
- 3⁄4 cup dried tart cherry
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- Place port in a 1-cup glass measure. Microwave at high 20 seconds or until very warm.
- Combine port and cherries; cover and let stand 10 minutes or until soft. Drain cherries in a colander over a bowl, reserving port.
- Combine flour, coriander, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge pork in flour mixture.
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Remove pork; stir in reserved port, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add cherries and shallots.
- Reduce heat; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in broth; bring to a simmer.
- Return pork to pan. Partially cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Uncover and cook 12 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 155° (slightly pink), turning pork occasionally.
- Cut into slices, and serve with sauce.