Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
And again from Steam Cuisine. I've not made this but it looks delicious! Prep time includes 2 hours marinating.
- 350 g pork fillets, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 2 large potatoes, peeled
- 1 medium carrot, cut into julienne strips
- 100 g runner beans
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- orange wedge, to serve
- Cut the pork into think slices and place in a shallow glass dish. Mix together the soy sauce, honey, sherry, orange juice and garlic, and pour over the port, turning to coat. Cover and leave to marinate for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in boiling salted water. When cooked, remove with a slotted spoon and slice very thinly. On a heatproof plate, arrange the potatoes in four circles, overlapping the slices and place in the warmer drawer.
- Remove the pork from the marinade and place in a pan. Top with carrots and spring onions and cook until ready, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, heat the marinade until reduced to a glossy sauce.
- Transfer the potato croutes to the serving plates and top each with pork and vegetables. Spoon the glaze over the top, garnish with orange wedges, and serve with freshly steamed green vegetables.
I'll start by saying I don't really have a steamer, so I made this using the oven. The marinade is tasty and gives the meat a good flavor, but I recommend doubling it because I didn't really have enough to use as a sauce and had to add some stock and more soy sauce. The combination of the marinated pork, the potatoes and vegetables is a good one. Thanks for posting.