Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Recipe from Sandra Lee - Semi-Homemade Cooking - a remade version of a Tyler Florence recipe.
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin, patted dry
- 1 cup white wine (recommended -- Chardonnay)
- 1⁄2 cup chinese-style plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a small bowl, stir together garlic salt, poultry seasoning, and black pepper. Season all sides of tenderloin; set aside.
- Add white wine, plum sauce, and cornstarch to a slow cooker; whisk to combine.
- Place tenderloins into cooker, and sprinkle remaining spice rub over the top.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
- Let tenderloin rest 25-30 minutes before slicing. Slice 1/2-inch thick slices at an angle.
- Serve sliced tenderloin hot with plum sauce drizzled on top.
I adored this recipe! I do think I would cut back a bit on the poultry seasoning next time, but other than that it was an incredibly different and intriguing way to serve pork. I used sirlion chops as I was out of tenderloin and they were fall apart tender. I did add a sprinkling of red pepper flakes to the plum sauce mixture for zing. I served this over jasmine rice with the sauce drizzled over and was so pleased with the results. It is a company worthy main dish from the crockpot!
My, now, this pork tastes great, & was very easy to prepare! We particularly enjoyed the taste the plum sauce gave to the pork ~ Very nice! Definitely a new way of enjoying this meat! Thanks for the keeper! [Made & reviewed as a recipenapped bonus tag in Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #14, Mar 08]
Excellent! I made this today for a potluck, and I think it's safe to say I had the best dish! The only thing I didn't do was add the extra seasoning to the top. I mixed up the seasoning and sauce the night before and put everything in the crock pot, cooked on high 4 hrs like the recipe said. I also doubled the recipe and still 4 hrs gave you perfect, tender pork cooked all the way through. Delicious and so easy!