Mimi in Connecticut's Note:
Great dish, quick and elegant. Full of flavor and it makes a lovely presentation. Double the sauce, it's absolutely delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (1 lb) pork tenderloin, total weight of about 2-3 lbs
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt (approximate measure, to taste)
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced red peppers (I often use roasted jarred peppers in a pinch, not pickled, and lightly saute them)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary (approximately 2 inches long)
- 1 1/2 cups hot pepper jelly
- 1 1/4 cups gorgonzola (crumbled)
- 1Sprinkle heavily with garlic salt and let the salted pork sit at room temperature for 40 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 425°F
- 3Sauce: In a heavy skillet add 3 TBL olive oil and heat until hot then add garlic, shallots and red pepper and sauté until peppers, garlic, and shallots are soft (about 10-12 minutes).
- 4Add 1/2 cup of brandy (be careful not to flame).
- 5Add the stock, rosemary, and thyme and reduce the liquid by approximately 1/3.
- 6Take off heat and remove rosemary and thyme. Add jam and heat until jam liquefies.
- 7Pork: In a large skillet, heat 3 TBL oil to very hot but not smoking. Add the pork and sear for about 2 minutes per side, turning the pork only once so it gets a good sear.
- 8Remove the pork and place on a roasting pan in the preheated 425 F oven, for approximately 10-15 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 155 ° F (meat will still be a tiny bit pink, that’s ok), do not overcook. When it comes out of the oven cover meat with foil and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- 9Slice on the diagonal into 1 inch slices and save the juices. Place sautéed peppers on serving platter then place sliced tenderloin on top of peppers.
- 10Pour about ½ cup brandy/jam mixture over the pork and sprinkle with 3/4 cup Gorgonzola. Serve with remaining brandy/jam sauce and the Gorgonzola in separate serving/gravy dish.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Tenderloin With Pepper Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.2
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.8 mg
- Sodium 313.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 27.0 g
- Protein 23.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: