Recipe by Sweet Baboo
This is a recipe from Fare for Friends, a book published as a fund raiser for Interim Place, a hostel for abused women and their children. It is a terrific cookbook. For a family meal I have used pork chops successfully. Also, the pork can be cooked ahead, and the sauce put together at serving time.
Top Review by diner524
This made for a lovely dinner last night, served with Recipe #203770 and green beans!! I loved the orange sauce over the pork chops, I used boneless pork chops instead of a tenderloin. I also subbed 1 teaspoon orange extract for the orange liqueur but otherwise followed as written. Will definitely be making this again. Thanks Sweet Baboo for sharing your recipe. Made for PRMR.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, sliced into 12 rounds and slightly flattened
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, paprika and allspice.
- Coat rounds of tenderloin.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet and brown pork well.
- Add stock, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small pan.
- Heat, but do not boil.
- Serve drained pork over white, or, better yet, wild rice.
- Pour sauce over all and serve.
- Garnish with parsley and orange slices.