Recipe by grandma2969
This orange-raspberry butter can be used with other meats. I have brushed it over pork chops, steaks or even burgers hot off the grill..THIS IS BEST IF MADE A DAY OR TWO AHEAD OF USE TO MARRY THE FLAVORS. REFRIGERATE BUTTER UNTIL READY TO USE..BUT BE SURE TO BRING TO ROOM TEMPERATURE BEFORE USING
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped (or 2 tsps dried)
- salt and pepper
- 4 pork tenderloin
- 16 slices orange rind (thin slivers)
- 16 slices garlic (thin slivers)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- With a sharp knife, make 8 slits in tenderloin, (abotu 1/2"-3/4" deep. Alternately insert and garlic slivers into each slit.
- Melt 2-3 tbls of orange raspberry butter in a large skillet.
- Brown tenderloins evenly, about 5-8 minutes.
- Place tenderloins on a rack in a roasting pan. Pour pan drippings into the roaster. Season meat with a little salt and pepper and drizzle about 1 tsp melted rosemary-orange butter over each tenderloin. Add broth to pan.
- Roast, uncovered, at 350* for 20 minutes.
- Drizzle another tsp of melted butter over each tenderloin and return to oven and bake 15-20 minutes more, or to 155* on a meat thermometer.
- Do not overbake.
- If roasted properly, this meat will melt in your mouth.
- Place loins on a large platter, cover with foil and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Pour pan juices into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. and then quickly reduce by half.
- Stir remaining butter into liquid and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. To serve, slice pork and drizzle the sauce over the slices. This is fantastic.