Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I'm always on the lookout for pork recipes (DH won't eat chicken) and was thrilled when I found this in an old Bon Appetit magazine! Time indicated does not include marinade.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 6 cups orange juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large shallots, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 3⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced canned chipotle chile in adobo
- Divide pork between 2 resealable plastic bags.
- Pour 1 cup orange juice and 1 teaspoon salt into each bag and seal.
- Turn to coat.
- Chill at least 3 hours, turning often.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots; saute until soft but not browned, about 2 minutes.
- Add wine; boil until reduced to glaze, about 10 minutes.
- Add 4 cups orange juice and broth; boil until reduced to 1 3/4 cups, about 45 minutes. (Can be prepared a day in advance and stored in refrigerator.).
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Drain pork; pat dry.
- Grill to desired doneness, turning often, about 18 minutes for medium.
- Transfer to work surface; tent with foil and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring sauce to simmer, mix in cilantro, chives and chipotle chiles.
- Slice pork.
- Serve with sauce.