Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Southern Living.
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 (3/4 lb) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 3 large purple onions, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- Mix together the first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish or a heavy-duty zip-lock plastic bag.
- Add in the tenderloins; cover dish or seal bag; chill for 2 hours and turn meat occasionally.
- Remove tenderloins from marinade and throw out marinade.
- Grill tenderloins, covered with grill lid, over high heat for 6 to 7 1/2 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer registers 160°.
- To make Onion-Balsamic Sauce: cook onion in a large skillet that has been sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in sugar, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add in wine, vinegar, and bouillon cube.
- Cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, until liquid is reduced by half.
- To serve: slice and serve tenderloins w/ Onion-Balsamic sauce.