Recipe by Marie
This very easy to make recipe makes a creamy mushroom gravy to serve over mashed potatoes or noodles as an accompaniment to the tenderloins.
- 2 pork tenderloin (about 1 lb each)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, brown pork tenderloins in butter.
- Transfer meat to an ungreased shallow 1 1/2 qt baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- In the pan drippings, saute the onions, mushrooms and celery until tender.
- Combine flour and broth until smooth and add to skillet.
- Bring to a boil, then cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Pour over meat, cover and bake at 325° for 1 hour or until meat thermometer reaches 160°.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.