Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs 15 mins
This is quite good served with Acorn Squash With Maple Apple Stuffing. Cook time includes 4 hour marinade. This could also be grilled as originally suggested in recipe by Bon Appetit July 2005.
- 3⁄4 lb pork tenderloin
- 1⁄4 cup molasses (I use blackstrap, but you could use light)
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Marinade: In a small bowl combine the molasses, 2 tbsp vinegar, and mustards.
- Place pork in sip top bag and pour marinade over.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours (can be made the morning of and marinaded longer).
- Cook: Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Drain the marinade into a small saucepan, set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Lightly brown the tenderloin on all sides, about 5 minutes total.
- Place on a roasting pan in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until thermometer reads 140°F.
- Remove from oven and place a loose foil tent over the meat.
- Let rest 5 minutes.
- In the small saucepan, add the remaining 1 tbsp vinegar to the marinade.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a thick sauce consistency, about 1 minute.
- Serve pork thinly sliced with sauce drizzled over top.