24 hrs 20 mins
This can be made on the grill or broiled in the oven, I most always prepare 4 pork tenderloins so I will have leftover pork for the following day, sliced thinly served on crusty buns as sandwiches topped with BBQ sauce and chopped onions, plan ahead the pork needs to marinade for 8 hours or up to 24 hours --- this is very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin (a package of two tenderloins)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (optional but good to add)
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste, I use about 1 tsp.)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1Cut slits in the pork tenderloins to absorb more marinade, and place in a shallow glass pan.
- 2Top with onions and garlic (if using) with hands, distribute the onions and garlic over the pork.
- 3In a separate bowl combine olive oil, maple syrup, honey, pecans, mustard, chili powder, thyme, salt and red pepper flakes; mix to combine.
- 4Pour over pork and refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight.
- 5When ready to cook, place the pork on the grill or broil in the oven (reserve the marinade).
- 6If grilling, cook the tenderloins on a medium-low heat (covered grill) for about 10 minutes on each side, or until done.
- 7Let the tenderloin rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- 8*NOTE* When the pork is on the grill heat the marinade, and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, and serve over the tenderloins.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Tenderloin With Maple Pecan Marinade
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 684.1
- Calories from Fat 303
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 124.7 mg
- Sodium 526.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 49.3 g
- Protein 41.6 g