Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 24 hrs
Cook 20 mins
This can be made on the grill or broiled in the oven, I most always prepare 4 pork tenderloins so I will have leftover pork for the following day, sliced thinly served on crusty buns as sandwiches topped with BBQ sauce and chopped onions, plan ahead the pork needs to marinade for 8 hours or up to 24 hours --- this is very good!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin (a package of two tenderloins)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (optional but good to add)
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste, I use about 1 tsp.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- Cut slits in the pork tenderloins to absorb more marinade, and place in a shallow glass pan.
- Top with onions and garlic (if using) with hands, distribute the onions and garlic over the pork.
- In a separate bowl combine olive oil, maple syrup, honey, pecans, mustard, chili powder, thyme, salt and red pepper flakes; mix to combine.
- Pour over pork and refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, place the pork on the grill or broil in the oven (reserve the marinade).
- If grilling, cook the tenderloins on a medium-low heat (covered grill) for about 10 minutes on each side, or until done.
- Let the tenderloin rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- *NOTE* When the pork is on the grill heat the marinade, and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, and serve over the tenderloins.
This was terrific. A long marinating time is key ~~ I marinated for close to 24 hours. The pork was nice and tender and had a hint of maple without being overwhelmingly sweet. Cutting slits in the pork is also important so the marinade can really soak into the pork. My DH really enjoyed it and I will definitely make again. Thanks for posting!
this is a must try. If you are looking for something with just a little more you will be very happy with this.