Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Pork tenderloin is so easy to prepare and this chutney makes it even easier when it can be prepared ahead of time. Good recipe for entertaining. This recipe comes from a restaurant's cookbook that we frequent often - the Fly Fisher's Inn in Cascade, Montana. Enjoy!
- 2 (14 ounce) pork tenderloin
- 1 mangoes or 1 (12 ounce) can mangoes, slices cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Chutney: Peel, halve and seed mango, cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Combine mango with all the other ingredients in a deep heavy sauce pot.
- Cook, uncovered until it begins to simmer gently.
- Continue cooking for about 10 minutes, simmering until thickened.
- Cool, cover tightly and refrigerate.
- It will keep for about 1 week in the refrigerator.
- Bring to room temperature or warm for serving.
- Tederloins: Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Roast pork on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Insert meat thermometer.
- Roast uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 25-35 minutes or until the thermometer registers 145-155 degrees.
- Slice and top with chutney.
This recipe is pretty simple, and very good...i have made mango chutney before with other recipies, but nothing as good as this, I didn't have red peppers once and doubled the green pepper amound, I dont have turmeric so i just omitted it, and i didnt have fresh ginger so I just used the grated...reguardless it always comes out great-I have even passed the recipe to people I work with and everyone loves it!!
This was absolutely awesome! Even my picky-picky eaters wanted more. It was easy to make and very pretty to look at! We'll be keeping this on the short list...