Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
The original recipe uses 1 cup of whole cream instead of the non-fat sour cream. Therefore it is alot more caloric but the flavor is fabulous. And you would have to cook the sauce a bit more after the cream is added. This recipe originated in Thailand.
- 2 pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons minced onions
- 4 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups fat free sour cream
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- First make the sauce.
- This can be done well in advance, even frozen.
- Melt butter in a 10 inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and shallot; cook, stirring for 3 or 4 minutes or until onion is soft but not brown.
- Add wine; boil until liquid is reduced by half, about 8 minutes.
- Add broth; boil until sauce is syrupy and reduced to 2 cups.
- Reduce heat; add sour cream and blend until smooth.
- Simmer, if needed, until sauce reaches a nice saucy consistency.
- Stir in Lime Juice.
- Add a little chicken broth if it seems to thick.
- If using immediately, keep warm.
- If made ahead, cool and chill, or freeze.
- Now, roast or grill the Tenderloin to your liking.
- Slice in 1/4 inch slices.
- Ladle about a 1/4 cup of sauce on each of 6 plates.
- Arrange pork attractively on top of sauce.
- You may have more sauce then you need for the recipe.
- It's wonderful on anything!
This was absolutely lovely - I confess I had to change some of the ingredients only because I am pregnant though :) I substituted the wine for a tablespoon of white vinegar and a cup of broth, it seemed to do the same thing, give it that nice acidic tang. My husband really enjoyed this dish and we will be making it again, thanks.
I wanted to try a recipe that no one else rated and Im glad I did. This was a very good meal.I only added mushrooms and red instead of white wine.It was great! Thanks Normaone.