Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Food & Wine. 1998.
Make and share this Pork Tenderloin With Lentils and Mustard Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup french le puy lentils, picked over (about 1/2 pound)
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken stock or 3 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 8 pieces
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- In a small skillet, heat 1/3 cup of the extra-virgin olive oil.
- Add the shallots and cook over moderately high heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown and crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fried shallots to paper towels to drain; reserve the shallot oil.
- In a medium saucepan, cover the lentils with 2 3/4 cups of the chicken stock and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the bay leaf and thyme, cover and simmer over low heat until the lentils are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Drain the lentils and return them to the saucepan; discard the bay leaf. Stir in the parsley and the reserved shallot oil and season with salt and pepper. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large heavy skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil until almost smoking.
- Flatten each piece of pork tenderloin slightly with the palm of your hand and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Working in batches, if necessary, add the flattened pork to the skillet and cook over moderately high heat until well browned and just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the pork to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the wine to the skillet and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring, until reduced by half, about 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of the chicken stock, the mustard and the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Boil, whisking constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Stir the remaining 1/4 cup of chicken stock into the lentils and bring to a simmer over moderately high heat.
- Spread the lentils on a platter, arrange the pork on top and drizzle with the mustard sauce. Garnish with the crisp shallots and serve at once.