Recipe by CountryMama
My mom found this recipe somewhere and sent it to me. It's absolutely delicious, and beautiful enough for company.
Top Review by tajlsnider
We didn't like this at all. The quinoa mixture sounded good, but it was not appealing to look at and was pretty bland. My husband wouldn't even eat the pork tenderloin and he loves meat.
- 680.38 g pork tenderloin
- 3.69 ml lemon pepper
- 3.69 ml salt
- 14.79 ml oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium granny smith apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 236.59 ml uncooked quinoa, rinsed if necessary
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 177.44 ml dried cranberries
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
- 118.29 ml feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Season pork with 1/2 tsp lemon pepper and 1/2 tsp salt. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown pork on all sides for 4 minutes or until golden. Remove and set aside.
- In the same skillet, reduce heat to medium and saute the onion and apple 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add quinoa, stirring 1 minute to toast.
- Add broth, carrots, cranberries, and remaining salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place pork over top and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 15 minutes until pork is ready, quinoa is tender, and liquid is almost absorbed.
- Remove pork to rest, and let quinoa sit for 2 minutes.
- Stir walnuts and feta cheese into quinoa mixture. Thinly slice pork and serve.