My mom found this recipe somewhere and sent it to me. It's absolutely delicious, and beautiful enough for company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium granny smith apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed if necessary
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1Season pork with 1/2 tsp lemon pepper and 1/2 tsp salt. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Brown pork on all sides for 4 minutes or until golden. Remove and set aside.
- 2In the same skillet, reduce heat to medium and saute the onion and apple 5 minutes, or until tender.
- 3Add quinoa, stirring 1 minute to toast.
- 4Add broth, carrots, cranberries, and remaining salt and pepper. Mix well.
- 5Place pork over top and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 15 minutes until pork is ready, quinoa is tender, and liquid is almost absorbed.
- 6Remove pork to rest, and let quinoa sit for 2 minutes.
- 7Stir walnuts and feta cheese into quinoa mixture. Thinly slice pork and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Tenderloin With Jewelled Quinoa Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.2
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 85.9 mg
- Sodium 761.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 32.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: