Another keeper from Bonnie Stern's HEARTSMART COOKING series. The pork is sauteed in the marinade with no extra fat. The sauce is delicious and we have enjoyed it with chicken breast and beef as well.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs pork tenderloin
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice wine or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot chili paste
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or 1 tablespoon parsley
- Cut pork into 1/4-inch slices.
- (I also use sliced chicken breast or beef.) In a large bowl combine soy sauce, hoisin, rice wine, chili paste, ketchup, garlic, ginger, green onion and cilantro.
- Add pork and toss in marinade.
- Refrigerate for a few hours.
- Heat large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook pork with marinade for 7-10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Serve with sauteed greens OR stir-fried vegetables.