Recipe by Alskann
My family loves this quick and easy meal. It is easy to double if needed.
Top Review by twissis
This is certainly the easy quick-fix that all the reviewers have bragged on and it was ideal w/mashed potatoes and buttered carrots. It is tasty, ingredient-friendly and family-friendly -- even easier for me as I used canned mushrooms. It was a bit salty for us, but that is clearly a matter of personal preference. The gravy is a nice change of pace that you do not get w/a roasted or grilled tenderloin. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us.
- 1 (24 g) envelope brown gravy mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (3/4 lb) pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2-inch slices (about 3/4 pound)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl,combine the first five ingredients until blended; set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown pork in oil on all sides.
- Stir in the gravy mixture, mushrooms and onion.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat juices run clear and vegetables are tender.
- Serve over rice.