Chef #369951's Note:
From an AP article by Jim Romanoff with recipe by J M Hirsch, as published in Herald-Tribune February 2008. "This recipe for pork tenderloin in a golden, herbed crust is loosely inspired by a classic Japanese preparation of breaded, deep-fried pork chops called tonkatsu." Posted here for safekeeping.
My Private Note
pound e ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F Lightly oil a wire rack or coat with nonstick cooking spray. Set in a baking sheet.
- 2Combine the bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, rosemary, thyme, oil, salt and pepper. Use paper towels to pat dry the pork tenderloin.
- 3On a piece of plastic wrap, spread the crumb mixture in a strip as long as the tenderloin. Coat the tenderloin with the mustard. Roll the tenderloin in the crumbs so they stick to the mustard.
- 4Place tenderloin on the prepared rack. Roast until the crust is golden, the tenderloin is barely pink in the center and the internal temperature is 155F, 35-45 minutes.
- 5Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Tenderloin With Golden Crispy Crust
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.3
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 74.8 mg
- Sodium 434.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 26.5 g