Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Some onions become milder and gain sweetness as they cook. Although the recipe calls for Vidalia onions you can use any sweet onion in this recipe. I usually cook my tenderloin on the bbq but did this one in the oven. My DD prefers it done this way.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large vidalia onions or 2 large other sweet onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricots or 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- salt and pepper
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt butter in large frying pan and add the sliced onions and sauté until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar, vinegar, raisins or apricots and salt and pepper to taste and cook until the onions are tender and glazed, about 3 minutes.
- Arrange the pork tenderloins in an oiled roasting pan just large enough to hold them comfortably.
- Spoon the glazed onions over the pork. Roast the pork until browned on the outside and just faintly pink in the center, about 45 minutes.
- An instant-read thermometer inserted into the pork should read 155-160°F.
- Transfer the pork tenderloins to a carving board, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Slice and serve on warmed individual plates with the glazed onions.
Absolutely fabulous! I used the raisins. I also had to cook the pork another 5-10 minutes as it was still quite pink inside. I'm always looking for different ways to cook pork tenderloin. This one is definitely a keeper! Thanks! :D