1/3 Photos of Pork Tenderloin With Gingered Cranberry (Or Cherry) Sauce (5 Pt
A quick scan of my recipe collection reveals my fondness for fruit sauces with poultry or pork. So when I found this one in a Weight Watchers cookbook, I was instantly taken with it. Though I will not try this until later this week, the presentation here includes my modifications. I have made this with dried cherries and it was superb, almost better than the original. If using cherries, reduce the amount of ginger a small amount. (5 points)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1 lb lean pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Drizzle tenderloin with Worcestershire sauce sprinkle with mustard, pepper and salt.
- 3Heat a large cast iron skillet or other oven-proof pan over medium high heat. Apply a light shot of cooking spray. Sear the pork on all sides, cooking for about 3 minutes total.
- 4Place skillet into the oven and cook for Bake at 450 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion of pork registers 160°F Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
- 5To prepare glaze, combine red wine, juice dried cranberries in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in ginger.
- 6To serve, slice pork into 8 or 12 slices, depending on desired thickness. Divide slices onto 4 serving places and spoon a quarter of the sauce over each portion (3 ounces pork and about 2 tablespoons sauce per serving).
Browse Our Top Berries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Berries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Tenderloin With Gingered Cranberry (Or Cherry) Sauce (5 Pt
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.7
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 74.8 mg
- Sodium 230.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 23.6 g