Prep 5 mins
Cook 37 mins
Pork tenderloin has a simple rub and is served with a slightly sweet, slightly sour sauce made from pomegranate cranberry juice. I served this with green beans and slivered almonds and garlic mashed potatoes.
- Combine salt, cumin, garlic powder and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle over pork tenderloin
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add pork to skillet and saute about 5 minutes on each side, turning frequently for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove pork and set aside.
- Add onions to skillet and saute for about 5 minutes until translucent.
- Combine juice, sugar and balsamic vinegar.
- Pour mixture into skillet with the onions and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add pork into the sauce mixture and cover and simmer for approximately 10 minutes or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 150 degrees.
- Remove pork.
- Increase heat to medium high and cook for approximately 5 minutes,reducing the sauce to half.