Recipe by Crazycook in PA
Pork tenderloin has a simple rub and is served with a slightly sweet, slightly sour sauce made from pomegranate cranberry juice. I served this with green beans and slivered almonds and garlic mashed potatoes.
- 4 pork tenderloin, medallions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup cranberry pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine salt, cumin, garlic powder and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle over pork tenderloin
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add pork to skillet and saute about 5 minutes on each side, turning frequently for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove pork and set aside.
- Add onions to skillet and saute for about 5 minutes until translucent.
- Combine juice, sugar and balsamic vinegar.
- Pour mixture into skillet with the onions and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add pork into the sauce mixture and cover and simmer for approximately 10 minutes or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 150 degrees.
- Remove pork.
- Increase heat to medium high and cook for approximately 5 minutes,reducing the sauce to half.