Prep 40 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Cooking Light.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 14.79 ml grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 serrano chili, chopped
- 22.18 ml molasses
- 118.29 ml dark rum
- 946.36 ml hot brewed coffee
- 14.79 ml regular grind coffee
- 7.39 ml ground cinnamon
- 7.39 ml unsweetened cocoa
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine, softened
- 2.46 ml salt
- 907.18 g pork tenderloin
- Heat oil in a big skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in onion, stir/saute for 5 minutes.
- Add in ginger, garlic, and serrano pepper; stir/saute 2 minutes.
- Stir in molasses.
- Remove pan from heat; carefully stir in rum.
- Cook mixture 2 minutes.
- Stir in brewed coffee, ground coffee, cinnamon, and cocoa.
- Bring to a boil; cook until reduced to 1 1/2 cups (about 20 minutes).
- Remove pan from heat; let cool.
- Transfer mixture to the container of a blender; process until smooth.
- Stir in butter and salt.
- Trim any visible fat from pork; cut pork, lengthwise into 8 (1/2-inch wide) strips.
- Thread pork strips onto 8 (10-inch) skewers.
- Prepare grill; place kebabs on grill rack that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired doneness, turning and basting often with coffee mixture.
This was a hit at my dinner party...it is quite a bit of effort and takes longer than the recipe says for the reduction to occur but it is worth the effort!!