Recipe by Kelly M.
From Bon Appetit. Dont let all the steps scare you off. I cut this recipe in half very easily. The chipotles give it a nice kick, so you may want to adjust the amount a little to you taste. Very nice recipe.
- 3 2⁄3 cups beef stock or 3 2⁄3 cups canned beef broth
- 3 2⁄3 cups chicken stock or 3 2⁄3 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle chile
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil beef and chicken stocks in medium saucepan until reduced to 2 1/2 cups, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and sauté until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add reduced stock mixture, marmalade and chipotle chilies and simmer until mixture is reduced to 2 cups, about 5 minutes.
- Mix 1 tablespoon water and cornstarch in small bowl and whisk mixture into stock mixture.
- Stir until sauce boils and thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- (Sauce can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over high heat and add pork and cook until brown on all sides, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until thermometer inserted into pork registers 155°F, about 15 minutes.
- Let pork rest 5 minutes.
- Bring sauce to simmer.
- Slice pork into 1/2-inch-thick medallions, arrange on plates and spoon sauce over and serve.