1/3 Photos of Pork Tenderloin with Chipotle-Marmalade Sauce
Kelly M.'s Note:
From Bon Appetit. Dont let all the steps scare you off. I cut this recipe in half very easily. The chipotles give it a nice kick, so you may want to adjust the amount a little to you taste. Very nice recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 2/3 cups beef stock or 3 2/3 cups canned beef broth
- 3 2/3 cups chicken stock or 3 2/3 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle chile
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
- 1Boil beef and chicken stocks in medium saucepan until reduced to 2 1/2 cups, about 45 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 3Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 4Add shallots and sauté until tender, about 4 minutes.
- 5Add reduced stock mixture, marmalade and chipotle chilies and simmer until mixture is reduced to 2 cups, about 5 minutes.
- 6Mix 1 tablespoon water and cornstarch in small bowl and whisk mixture into stock mixture.
- 7Stir until sauce boils and thickens, about 5 minutes.
- 8Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 9(Sauce can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.).
- 10Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper.
- 11Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over high heat and add pork and cook until brown on all sides, about 4 minutes.
- 12Transfer skillet to oven and bake until thermometer inserted into pork registers 155°F, about 15 minutes.
- 13Let pork rest 5 minutes.
- 14Bring sauce to simmer.
- 15Slice pork into 1/2-inch-thick medallions, arrange on plates and spoon sauce over and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Tenderloin with Chipotle-Marmalade Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (501 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.8
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 102.7 mg
- Sodium 855.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 18.3 g
- Protein 37.2 g