Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an adaptation of a recipe from Gourmet. It is a delicious, light main-course summertime salad. It has plenty of herbs for a fresh taste!
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 large fresh jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
- 8 ounces very thin bean thread noodles (also known as cellophane, glass, or mung bean noodles)
- 3⁄4 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced diagonally 1/8 inch thick
- 1 bunch scallion, sliced
- 1 firm-ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed small fresh basil leaf
- Grill pork tenderloin for 25 minutes (or roast at 400°F for 25 minutes).
- Blend next 5 ingredients ingredients in a blender until smooth. This will be your dressing.
- Cook beans in a 5- to 6-quart pot of boiling salted water, uncovered, until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer with a skimmer or slotted spoon to a large bowl of ice and cold water to stop cooking, reserving cooking liquid in pot. Drain beans and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package instructions.
- Toss noodles with 1/4 cup dressing in a bowl. Toss long beans with 2 tablespoons dressing in another bowl.
- Arrange pork, noodles, beans, and remaining salad ingredients on a large platter. Drizzle with some of dressing and serve remaining dressing on the side.