Recipe by Melanie B.
This is a great, fast winter-time dinner.
Top Review by Firewife16
Loved this! I'm making it again for dinner tonight... I also sprinkled the tenderloin with a little curry powder, as well added curry powder (to taste) and a hand full of raisins that I'd plumped in hot water to the onion and apple relish. Thanks for posting!
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, cut into thin wedges
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Season all sides of pork with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 TBS Olive Oil in a large oven proof skillet over high heat. Add tenderloin to pan and cook for about 1-2 minutes on each side to create a nice searing effect.
- Transfer pan to oven and bake at 450 degrees for about 15-18 minutes (or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees). Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes. Slice across the grain in 1/2 inch slices.
- While the tenderloin is baking, add 1 TBS Olive Oil to another large skillet and heat to medium-high. Add onions. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Cook until translucent (about 3-4 minutes). Add apples. Continue to cook for another 5-7 minutes or until mixture begins to caramelize. Add maple syrup. Lower heat to medium low and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Serve tenderloin slices on top of a bed of the apple & onion mixture. Enjoy!