Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an incredibly tasty way prepare a pork tenderloin. I could not get over how delicious it was. Even my young kids like it. The amount of chili powder is deceiving, I thought it would be very spicy and it was not. Absolutely perfect for company! Serve with buttered noodles, baked apple sauce and you're good to go! Enjoy. NOTE: 6-8 hour marination time required
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs pork tenderloin (*can use a smaller tenderloin)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed & minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder (*adds heat, (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Trim and rinse pork as needed. Place in a ziplock bag or dish with a tight seal.
- Whisk together all ingredients until thoroughly blended.
- Pour marinade over pork. Marinate in refrigerator at least 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Heat grill to medium high. Grill pork until center is pale pink, about *15-17 minutes or to desired doneness. Let rest for 5 minutes, slice & serve immediately.
- May need to adjust cooking time +/- depending on the size & thickness or the tenderloin.
- The chili powder does not add the heat you may expect. Not sure why, but it won't be spicy as one might anticipate.
The flavor in this marinade is really wonderful. I tripled the garlic and left out the cloves and cinnamon for DH's taste. I can see how someone put this in their best of the year cookbook.
I had a small pork loin and cut it into 1 inch portions which we marinated in the recipe. We grilled on low heat and they were tender and delicious. I will also try this with chicken as the flavors are so tasty.
Awesome! We loved, loved, loved the aroma and unique flavor of this marinade. We often have pork tenderloins since thay are so easy to cook on busy weeknights and go with everything. Last night we had this with sauteed yellow and pattypan squash, leeks, and olive oil, and some baked apples and sweet potatoes mashed with Bourbon, sour cream, and butter. Delicious!