Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an incredibly tasty way prepare a pork tenderloin. I could not get over how delicious it was. Even my young kids like it. The amount of chili powder is deceiving, I thought it would be very spicy and it was not. Absolutely perfect for company! Serve with buttered noodles, baked apple sauce and you're good to go! Enjoy. NOTE: 6-8 hour marination time required
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs pork tenderloin (*can use a smaller tenderloin)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed & minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder (*adds heat, (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Trim and rinse pork as needed. Place in a ziplock bag or dish with a tight seal.
- Whisk together all ingredients until thoroughly blended.
- Pour marinade over pork. Marinate in refrigerator at least 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Heat grill to medium high. Grill pork until center is pale pink, about *15-17 minutes or to desired doneness. Let rest for 5 minutes, slice & serve immediately.
- May need to adjust cooking time +/- depending on the size & thickness or the tenderloin.
- The chili powder does not add the heat you may expect. Not sure why, but it won't be spicy as one might anticipate.