Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
These are really not at all difficult, and they look so impressive. If you don't have a bbq grill, just broil them in the oven, but be careful not to get them too close to the flame. You don't want to burn these. From Southern Living, March 1986.
- Layer 2 slices bacon to form an X.
- Place 1 slice of onion in center of bacon; top with 1 slice tenderloin.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. B.
- ring ends of bacon over tenderloin, and secure with a wooden pick.
- Repeat procedure with remaining bacon, onion, and tenderloin.
- Place meat on grill over medium heat, and grill 40 minutes, turning frequently.
- Turn meat wooden pick side up; remove wooden picks.
- Top each with a slice of tomato and cheese, and grill an additional 10 minutes.
Excellent. The flavors went so well together. Due to weather, I cooked this as stated on my grill pan in the oven at 350 degrees and it turned out great. I did precook my bacon for 3 minutes in the microwave to make sure that it was cooked. Served this with wild rice and steamed broccoli. Thanks for sharing. Made for "Party" :)
So simple, but such an impressive presentation. I didn't feel that my tenderloins need the entire 40 minutes on the grill and just cooked until the bacon was crispy. I also only had shredded swiss cheese on hand, but it still worked well. We will be making this again during our grilling season.