Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I have tried many recipes for pork tenderloin and this is the absolute best ever. It is so tender and juicy and great tasting. Hope you enjoy.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon flour (to dredge Tenderloin)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (40 g) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups hot water
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Trim as much of the fat off as you can.
- Season with Salt& Pepper.
- Roll tenderloin in flour and coat well.
- Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet.
- Brown the tenderloin on all sides.
- Mix the soups together with the hot water.
- Add the soups slowly to the roast allowing the onion pieces to rest on the top of the tenderloin as much as possible.
- Cover and bake in oven for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the inner temperature reaches 170 degrees (well done).
We love this dish! I can't bring myself to make pork tenderloin any other way. I make mashed potatoes on the side to go with the gravy. Delicious! I bet it would be good with skinless boneless chicken breasts as well. Thank you for posting my favorite pork recipe.
Can't believe I am rating something made with canned soup but this is excellent. Had company staying with us and needed another idea for dinner (that was easy) and this fit the bill. I did add about 1/4 cup dry white wine to the sauce, but then I add wine to most dishes. Thanks again for submitting such an easy and tasty recipe.
This recipe really is delicious. I used Onion Mushroom soup mix instead which turned out perfect. I used just a dash of Kosher salt instead of 1/2 tsp. You just need enough flour to coat the pork, which was less than a cup for me and I used one pork tenderloin. I used whole wheat flour. When it was done and out of the oven, I sliced it right away in the skillet, then stirred it around to get the sauce smothered throughout. The sauce is thin at first, but as you let it sit out for about 10 minutes, it will naturally thicken. I served this meal with Roasted Potatoes and Baby Carrots With Garlic (also from this website). I'll write a review for that one too. Delicious meal. Enjoy!