Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
This is the best stuffed (or unstuffed) pork tenderloin I have ever tasted! The combination of the dried cranberries and pecans with the rice is superb and the tenderloin stays moist and tender. The recipe was adapted from Canadian Living Magazine.
- 2 (12 ounce) pork tenderloin
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry juice (or blend)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice
- 1⁄4 cup wild rice
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg
- STUFFING: In saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; fry onion, garlic, sage and pepper until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add brown and wild rice; stir to coat.
- Add the 1 cup of stock and bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 45 minutes.
- Add cranberries and pecans; fluff with fork and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Trim any fat from pork.
- Make lengthwise cut in each tenderloin halfway through; open like a book.
- Place between plastic wrap; using meat pounder or rolling pin, pound to generous 1/4" thickness.
- Mix egg into stuffing.
- Spoon half of it lengthwise down center of each tenderloin.
- Fold up tenderloins around stuffing.
- Tie with string at 1" intervals, tucking in and securing ends.
- In large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown tenderloins.
- Place skillet in oven; roast until just a hint of pink remains inside and juices run clear when pierced with a fork, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer to cutting board and tent with foil.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain off any fat from skillet.
- Add the 3/4 cup of stock and cranberry juice; bring to boil, scraping up brown bits.
- Combine cornstarch with 1 tbsp of cold water; whisk into skillet and boil, stirring, until thickened (about 1 minute).
- Cut pork diagonally into 1/2" slices.
- Serve with sauce.