1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is the best stuffed (or unstuffed) pork tenderloin I have ever tasted! The combination of the dried cranberries and pecans with the rice is superb and the tenderloin stays moist and tender. The recipe was adapted from Canadian Living Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (12 ounce) pork tenderloin
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice (or blend)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1STUFFING: In saucepan, heat oil over medium heat; fry onion, garlic, sage and pepper until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add brown and wild rice; stir to coat.
- 3Add the 1 cup of stock and bring to boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 45 minutes.
- 4Add cranberries and pecans; fluff with fork and let cool.
- 5Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- 6Trim any fat from pork.
- 7Make lengthwise cut in each tenderloin halfway through; open like a book.
- 8Place between plastic wrap; using meat pounder or rolling pin, pound to generous 1/4" thickness.
- 9Mix egg into stuffing.
- 10Spoon half of it lengthwise down center of each tenderloin.
- 11Fold up tenderloins around stuffing.
- 12Tie with string at 1" intervals, tucking in and securing ends.
- 13In large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown tenderloins.
- 14Place skillet in oven; roast until just a hint of pink remains inside and juices run clear when pierced with a fork, about 25 minutes.
- 15Transfer to cutting board and tent with foil.
- 16Let sit for 10 minutes.
- 17Meanwhile, drain off any fat from skillet.
- 18Add the 3/4 cup of stock and cranberry juice; bring to boil, scraping up brown bits.
- 19Combine cornstarch with 1 tbsp of cold water; whisk into skillet and boil, stirring, until thickened (about 1 minute).
- 20Cut pork diagonally into 1/2" slices.
- 21Serve with sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Tenderloin Stuffed With Cranberries, Pecans & Rice
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.0
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 110.0 mg
- Sodium 69.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 26.6 g