Recipe by KMSoprano
This has been a very popular dish. It travels well to Potlucks, as the pork is good both hot and cold. The dressing can be poured on and the salad assembled just before serving. This makes quite a bit of pork, but if you have any left over it is great for sandwiches or quesadillas...
Top Review by Z-chef
When your husband says the following day "Wow, that was a great salad" you know you've found a great recipe. I halved the ingredients and it made more than enough for the two of us. I searched for a recipe where I could use an extra already-grilled pork tenderloin that I had thrown in the freezer. I thawed it and used the spice rub and glaze as stated in the recipe, but baked it uncovered just until the glaze "did its thing" and the pork was heated through.
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 pork tenderloin (2 to 2 1/2 lbs total)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 limes, juice of
- 1 large orange, juice of
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 avocados, diced
- 10 ounces Baby Spinach
- 2 red bell peppers, juliened
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup shredded gruyere
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder,and cinnamon, then coat pork with spice rub.
- Heat oil in an 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until just beginning to smoke, then brown pork to seal in juices, turning, 4-6 minutes total.
- Place pork on foil lined cookie sheet that has been liberally sprayed with cooking spray.
- Stir together brown sugar, garlic, and Tabasco and pat onto top of each tenderloin.
- Roast in middle of oven until thermometer inserted diagonally in center of each tenderloin registers 140°F, about 20 minutes.
- Let pork stand at room temperature 10 minutes.
- (Temperature will rise to about 155°F while standing.) Whisk together juices, mustard, curry powder, salt, and pepper, then add oil in a stream, whisking until well blended.
- Slice pork diagonally Prepare and assemble salad.