Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Adapted from a recipe served at Mirror Lake Inn, Lake Placid, NY. A very simple seasoned pork with a delicious chutney.
Top Review by MsSally
OMG. This is wonderful company worthy dish. I made this last night for dinner and WOW. The flavor is out of this world. I made the chutney on my gas eye on the grill while I was grilling the tenderloin. So no heat in the kitchen. I made as stated except that I omitted the white sugar and only used 1/2 c of brown sugar.
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
Apple Cranberry Chutney
- 2 large granny smith apples, peeled,cored,and chopped
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (more if you want)
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread the olive oil over the tenderloins.
- Sprinkle tenderloins with salt and pepper.
- Grill over medium-high heat for about 25 minutes, turning every 5 minutes or so to grill all sides.
- Remove from grill, cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice on the bias, 1-inch thickness.
- Serve with chutney.
- Apple Cranberry Chutney: Put the apples, apple juice, vinegar, and sugars in a saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high beat.
- Lower heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in the cinnamon, cloves, and cranberries.
- Cook for another 5 minutes or so until the apples are tender.
- If needed for additional thickness, add the cornstarch and cold water together; stir to mix.
- Add to the apple mixture; bring to a boil to thicken.
- Remove from heat and serve.