Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut pork tenderloin in half across and rub each piece liberally with fennel spice.
- Brown in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a saute pan.
- Put pan in oven for 12-15 minutes until pork is medium rare.
- Remove pork from pan and let sit on a cutting board for 10 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile saute onion and pepper in olive oil over medium high heat until caramelized but not completely soft.
- Slice tenderloin very thinly.
- To serve put tenderloin, vegetables and pita on a platter along with a bowl of tzatziki.
- Make sandwiches by placing some onion/pepper mix, pork and tzatziki inside warm pita bread.
If your looking for a gyro flavor, go elsewhere, this is not it. The pork tenderdloin is mouthwateringly tenderloin and a much more subtle flavoring then a gyro would be. I used a greek spice blend on the meat and cooked it about 23 minutes for my familys taste. I used a different Tzatziki recipe as well. The onions and peppers on the sandwich along with the warm meat where a perfect contrast to the cold tangy tzatziki. A sure repeat here.