Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I adopted this recipe. I prepared it using Fennel Spice Rub for Turkey (Michael Chiarello) for the spice rub and Tzatziki in the finished pitas. The seasoning was perfect and the tzatziki was the perfect complement. This will become a regular in my menu rotation.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut pork tenderloin in half across and rub each piece liberally with fennel spice.
- Brown in a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a saute pan.
- Put pan in oven for 12-15 minutes until pork is medium rare.
- Remove pork from pan and let sit on a cutting board for 10 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile saute onion and pepper in olive oil over medium high heat until caramelized but not completely soft.
- Slice tenderloin very thinly.
- To serve put tenderloin, vegetables and pita on a platter along with a bowl of tzatziki.
- Make sandwiches by placing some onion/pepper mix, pork and tzatziki inside warm pita bread.