Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got the original recipe from Johanna Jones-she owns and operates a pig farm in South Carolina. This is a "wow, clean out the garden, all in one yummy" summer recipe. I've changed the peppers-she used green and I've added more green onions-Johanna used three. Other than that "this is the Bomb!"
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large pork tenderloin or 2 small pork tenderloin
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced long
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced long
- 1 yellow squash, cut the end's off-stand on end and cut off bite sized chunks-turning as you go
- 1 zucchini, cut the end's off-stand on end and cut off bite sized chunks-turning as you go
- 5 green onions, cut into 1 inch lengths
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (unseasoned)
- Combine the thyme, pepper and salt.
- Roll the pork, pressing the mixture into it.
- Cook the tenderloin in oil, in a large-cast iron if you have it-skillet on medium heat until done-about 30 min.
- Remove from the skillet, place on a cutting board and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, same heat cook the remaining ingredients except beans and tomatoes to preference-we like the veg a bit underdone.
- Add the beans and tomatoes and remaining thyme and heat through, about 4-5 min.
- Spoon into a large serving plate-slice the pork thin and place on top.
- A few thyme sprigs is a nice touch.
Just finished eating this. It was very good. Not too much I would change, except maybe to strain the tomatos. The kids and honey enjoyed it thoroughly.Will make again.
This was truly tasty and lovely to look at ! I had to substitute a tad -- found I had no black beans, so added some canned artichoke bottoms. Was delighted to see a new prep for zucchini and bell peppers. This will surely be made again. Thanks for posting, DiB.
Just made this delish dish. I liked the pork on the bed of peppers erc. However I wasn't crazy about the black beans so I will leave them out next time. Will keep this on hand. Thank you for sharing.