Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yet another great grilled tenderloin. Adjust the hot sauce up or down to suit your tastes. Plan ahead this need to marinate at least 2 hours. Try this one with jasmine rice.
- 1 (2 lb) pork tenderloin
- 16 ounces barbecue sauce (homemade or bottled)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons dark rum (or use 1 tablespoon rum extract)
- 2 ounces orange juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce, to taste
- Combine barbecue sauce, brown sugar, rum, orange juice and pepper sauce in large resealable plastic bag.
- Add pork; refrigerate at least 2 hours or over night.
- Preheat grill to medium-hot.
- Remove pork from marinade; heat remaining marinade in saucepan to a boil.
- Grill pork over indirect heat, turning occasionally and basting with marinade, 15 to 20 minutes or until done (internal temp 155°F).
- Let pork rest 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
This was so good, I followed the recipe except that I had no dark rum, so I used Mango Rum. It was so good in the barbeque sauce. Very easy dish to make. The meat was moist, tender and very tasty. I will be making this again. Thanks for sharing.